"In our every deliberation, we must consider the impact of our decisions on the next seven generations."
- From the Great Law of the Iroquois Confederacy
With this ancient wisdom as our guiding star, MJA Consulting, LLC is dedicated to sustainable quality development of Florida 's downtowns, urban spaces and rural development. We prepare Real Estate, design safe and successful developments and enhance communities through innovative redevelopment strategies.
From regional growth management initiatives to green-field, gray-field and brown-field redevelopment to individual real estate transactions, we focus on implementing sustainable development strategies that build a sense of place.
Our talented staffs of degreed professionals are trained in the urban planning sciences; urban design, geosciences, parks and tourism, residential, commercial and economic development
This wide-ranging experience provides a unique perspective and facilitates the development of community planning that is grounded in a detailed knowledge of all its elements.
Observe and Engage
The most successful plans are those genuinely rooted in the community and place, in the past and the present. MJA Consulting, LLC's program of ongoing research and education allows us to get the research done fast and get it to stakeholders in a timely fashion. We believe that educating the stakeholder leads to better decisions. MJA Consulting, LLC engages stakeholders and the public early and often, building consensus (and passion!) around visions and values, principles and strategic directions. Always with an eye on the big picture and long-term objectives, we align interests and perspectives—public and private, regional and local—for the greatest mutual benefit.
Orient and Align
Cities and the places within them are highly complex organisms. We embrace and untangle this reality through a comprehensive, interdisciplinary approach to planning and design. We collaborate with relevant specialists for each assignment— real estate advisors, civil engineers, scientists, preservationists, lawyers, architects, and artists orienting them with the community values. Connectivity is a theme in everything we do: linking many disciplines, diverse communities, fragmented places and strategic initiatives, are all aligned to create better urban environments.
Connect and Inspire
Our visions and plans—created, illustrated, modeled and narrated using traditional media and advanced computer-aided techniques—reflect the aspirations of our clients. At MJA Consulting, LLC , we think and plan strategically. Implementation is never an afterthought: we focus on the critical early actions—big moves and small—that can make a positive and lasting difference
Catalyze and Course Corrections
Acting as problem solving resource agents, we inspire and catalyze change, helping others to help themselves. At the tactical level we guide our clients through the implementation process. Once a project is completed we review the project with the client, offering course corrections as necessary to achieve the client's goal.
Because every client, community and place is different, MJA Consulting LLC approaches each assignment with no preconceived formulas or solutions, but we do bring a philosophy of urbanism that includes the following tenets:
- The careful management of urban growth creates communities that are diverse, mixed-use and pedestrian friendly, essential qualities for sustainable communities.
- Truly successful developments marry public and private interests, aligning them in the planning and design of communities.
- Development and open spaces should be located, shaped and designed in a way that enhances the character of neighborhoods and the vitality of the public realm.
- Sustainable cities have a successful interaction and interrelationship with the built, the natural and the social environment. Human behavior, feelings and a sense of well being are affected by the physical environment. Design with nature is a key to healthy community: trees, green spaces and water features should be plentiful and integrated into the design of places.