Michael Joachim, AICP
- Planners of Record for the Many Central Florida Cities : advised and done planning work for Private and Public entities, Law Firms, Developers, Land owners including large, small scale and text amendments, Objections Recommendation Reports, and Notice of Compliance reports; Successfully negotiated DCA settlements, expert witness testimony, zoning administration, drafting of the concurrency management system, Evaluation and Appraisal Reports, Geographical Information System functions including: Future Land Use and Zoning Maps, Updating and Maintained GIS databases, generating Data and Analysis maps for the EAR, Concurrency Management system and comprehensive plan amendments.
- Downtown Sebring CRA : We have completed Sebring Downtown CRA manual, Design Guidelines, drafted CRA zoning district ordinance, GIS analysis and mapping
- The City of Clewiston CRA : Created D ata and analysis to quality the City Community Redevelopment Area, Lynch-type analysis of the CRA, edited and co-wrote sections of the Community Redevelopment Plan, assisted in facilitation of public participation meetings, stakeholder meetings.
- Private planning and real estate clients: “Turnkey Projects”, Comprehensive Plan Amendments, Negotiated Settlements, expedited due Diligence review, zoning, impact assessment statements, and traffic studies for development projects throughout Central Florida.
- Private Developers: Provided expedited due diligence, site analysis, consultant management. Service from site location
Masters in Business Administration (to be completed)
Master of Public Administration, University of Southern Florida, (in progress)
Coursework to date: Public Administration, Public Finance, Personnel Management
Bachelor of Urban Planning, University of Illinois , (1968)
Major Studies: Urban Planning, Regional Planning, Economic Development
Minor Studies: Architecture, Urban Design
2005-Present MJA Consulting, LLC
Owner/CEO/ AICP/ Realtor
Performs extraordinary services in municipal and private sector planning, comprehensive planning, zoning, real estate, growth management, Due Diligence, Expert witness testimony, Consultant Management, Visioning, Strategic Planning, Green Development, Sustainable Communities, Community Redevelopment, Urban Design, Sustainable development, Settlement, Expert Testimony for an extensive list of clients.
Development and Planning Consultant for Developers, Attorneys, Estate Development sales and investments, planning and development of American Indian Tribe sites and communities, sustainable communities and buildings, green development and Green Buildings, Recreation planning, Turnkey projects, Growth Management.
1992-1993 Pickett and Associates
1973-1992 Polk County Planning Division
Progressed from Assistant Planning Director to Chief of Comprehensive Planning to Planning Manager for Polk County Planning Services prior to retiring from public service in 1992
1978-1988 The Distributors Source
Family owned and operated retailer of floor coverings operating in Southern Florida
1971 -1973 Salem County Planning Board
1968-1971 Ulster County Planning Board
- Polk Community College
Winter Haven , FL
- State University of New York
New Paltz, New York
- Glassboro State College
Glassboro, New Jersey
- American Planning Association-Florida Chapter
- Florida Planning and Zoning Association
- Florida Green Building Coalition, Inc.